Milestone Oct 30, 2020–Nov 4, 2020
This is a maintenance, security, documentation, and polish release.
- Update dependencies.
- Polish output.
- Improve documentation.
- Add more tests.
Unstarted Issues (open and unassigned)
Ongoing Issues (open and assigned)
Completed Issues (closed)
- site ~ throws
- Don’t sync .git folders (the contents of the folder were already correctly not being synced)
- Add support for customisable 404 error page when site is using Hugo
- Can’t run local server on specific port
- Feature request: Display statistics url on site status command
- Site.js should do the right thing if started without an explicit path to serve specified within a .dynamic or .hugo-*, etc., folder
- If a file is specified to serve instead of a directory, handle the error gracefully
- Improve the log message when an update is available
- Update docs to include mac install example for alpha/beta installs
- Document how baseURL handling works for generated Hugo content.
- Document that .generated folder should be added to .gitignore
- Review and update docs to reflect latest changes in 15.x
- Provide meaningful error message when server is run as root
- Elegantly refuse to serve the root and home directories
- Quiet output while Site.js is running
- Site.js install script fails on Linux systems that don’t have wget
- Document: initial run @hostname error on Mac with stale DNS cache
- Update Help output to add examples for update, start, stop, restart commands & match the readme
- Automatic rsync install when running on client (with --sync-to) exits after install
- Document probable cause of rsync error 12 (error in rsync protocol data stream)
- Sync appears to hang if host exists but is not a valid Site.js server
- Add stats command that outputs stats and stats view URL to console
- Startup fails if sudo is not present on the system
- Status command should display the directory being served and any other relevant options
- Install script should check for existing installation and perform an update